is an automated system for determining the preferred water temperature of aquatic invertebrates or fish. It includes everything needed for video behavior analysis, data acquisition and digital control of devices.Inside an experimental tank the animal can freely “shuttle” between two sub compartments with opposite acting controls, to regulate water temperature to preferred values through behavior.The tank design allows for independent control of water quality in the two sub compartments, and is made special to match the type and size of your specimens.
- Turn-key system including everything needed
- ShuttleSoft software for Windows
- Research-grade video camera equipment
- Real-time video tracking and behavioral analysis
- USB data acquisition and digital relay control of pumps/valves
- Rugged temperature instruments and sensors
- Change settings and controls on-the-fly
Consider upgrading this system to also measure preferred water salinity or oxygen saturation (ask us for a quote).
Shuttle Box Setup
- Shuttle Box (customer-specified dimensions)
- ShuttleSoft software (one license for a limited number of PCs only)
- Ueye 1640-C video camera (1280×1024), lens and USB cable
- DAQ-S instrument for 16-bit data acquisition and digital relay control
- Two water temperature systems (excl. chiller/heater)
- Two accessory sets for temperature control
- Two inline probe chambers
- Two buffer tanks
- Pump, tubing and fittings
- User manual
Note: we offer special packages for (exposure) tests keeping water quality at set point levels during the experiment independent of fish behavior, and for multiple parameters, e.g. temperature and oxygen etc.