The S147 Rapid Response O2/CO2 Analyzer combines both a laser diode O2 sensor and an infrared CO2 detector. This analyzer is designed for measurements of rapid changes in O2 and CO2 such as those occurring during O2 uptake and CO2 production from breath by breath measurements of human respiration. Please check Qubit’s BBB1LP Breath by Breath Respirometry Package
The S147 Rapid Response O2/CO2 Analyzer has a built in pump which is set at 400 mL/min to draw samples in through the “Gas In” port located on the front of the analyzer. Gases exit the analyzer from the front panel from the “Exhaust” port. There are controls for calibrating the O2 and CO2 sensors on the front panel including the “Zero” and “Span”. You should only adjust the “Span” for CO2 and O2 if you have calibration gases at hand to perform the calibration. Also located on the front panel of the analyzer are an “On/Off” switch with an indicating LED Light and a pump On/Off” switch with an indicating LED Light. The pump speed control should not need adjustment.
The back panel of the S147 Rapid Response Analyzer contains the power jack (115/220 VAC, 115W), an exhaust port for the fan and an Analog Outputs jack. To this jack you should connect the included data collection cable which connects to a data acquisition system. We recommend the C901 LoggerPro data acquisition software for data collection.
The S147 Rapid Response O2/CO2 Analyzer is supplied with F250 Flow meter and asorted connectors and tubing.
Sample of resting breath O2 and CO2 data:
- Operating Principle: Infrared Spectroscopy
- CO2 Range: 0-13%
- Accuracy: +/-2 mm Hg @ < 5.0% CO2, < 10% of reading @ > 5.0% CO2
- Operating Temperature: 5o°C to 55°C
- Power Consumption: 335 mW
- Response Time: Detector: 28 ms , System: 100 ms (typical)
- Breath Rate: 2 – 150 bpm
- Operating Principle: Laser Diode – Optical Absorption
- Range: 5% to 100%
- Resolution: 0.01 Vol.% O2
- Accuracy: 0.1%
- Noise (80 ms average): 0.1%
- Linearity: 0.2 Vol.%
- Drift (2 hrs): 0.1 Vol.%
- Response time (T90): 130 ms @ 200 mL/min flow
- Operating Temperature: 0oC to 50oC
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%
- Operating Pressure: 25 to 115 kPa