The Z650 High-Sensitivity Fluorometer with its detection limit of 1 ng Chl/l allows measuring of fluorescence induction and of QA reoxidation kinetics with pico-molar chlorophyll concentrations. The typical experimental material is natural water with phytoplankton.
The core of the instrument is an integrating Teflon sphere containing the liquid sample. The optical ports of the sphere are supplied with three sets of light-emitting diodes and with an avalanche photodiode detector. As an option, the instrument can be supplied with a second detector to capture fluorescence transients in alternative spectral band. Contact Qubit for your specific needs. Measuring flashes, single-turnover saturating flashes, and continuous actinic light are of blue color, λmax=455 nm. Light intensities and timing are software controlled separately for each LED set.
- Natural water with phytoplankton
- Chloroplasts & thylakoids
- Algae & cyanobacteria
- Fluorescence induction
- Pulse amplitude modulation measurements (PAM)
- Fast OJIP transient capture
- Rapid measurements of QA-reoxidation kinetics
- State transitions
- Quenching parameters
- Photochemical yields
- Determination of the effective antenna size in Photosystem II
- Creates and archives experimental protocols.
- FluorWin cialis online Wizard for automated protocols.
- Retrieval and export of experimental data.
- Data manipulation and visualization.
FluorWin software: wizard window
FluorWin software: graph window
State transition data window:
- Koblizek et al. 2005, FEMS Microbiology Ecology 51, 353-361).